Comment on page
I get an error when I try to sync with another device
An error message during synchronization between two Mapeo devices can occur due to several factors. In addition, the messages may be different depending on the situation. The most common are:
- Errors with a yellow or red symbol with the message
"Error sync terminated"or
"Error: read ECONNRES...", occur when one of the devices has lost Wi-Fi connection or left the Synchronization screen during the synchronization process and when the synchronization has not been successful.
- The white screen with the text
"Something is happening with the Mapeo database"also indicates a failed or interrupted synchronization.
- Make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Check that the Wi-Fi hotspot is working properly. You can see the Wi-Fi signal on the Synchronization screen of Mapeo Desktop. The higher the signal quality, the more secure the synchronization process will be.
- Try to sync the devices again. It is very important that you do not close the Synchronization screen on any device while the synchronization is taking place.
- If you still have problems, check the status of the database on Mapeo Desktop. To do this, click Help on the Mapeo Desktop top menu bar and select Database Status.