Tech preparation before doing in-person training
To minimize the risk of unexpected tech issues spoiling your agenda and consuming valuable training time, make sure to prepare all the devices involved in a training event.
Here there is a checklist to review before the event:
- The operative system is updated
- The correct language is set up on phone and within Mapeo
- The device passwords are known
- The device is fully charged
- You have added the needed files to the device’s memory (Mm: SD or Internal memory, Md: USB)
- Create a folder with needed files and guides. (i.e Mapeo for Community [Name])
- The most important Mapeo files needed for training are the latest installation files (they can have different formats, such as .apk, .exe, . dmg, etc.)
- If a customized configuration and maps are being used in the Mapeo project, include that in a clearly labeled subfolder (.i.e Mapeo Configuration or Community x Configuration)
On top of the checklist for “participant devices”, make sure of the following:
- Presentation files in dynamic and static formats are loaded on your device.